Sunday, April 9, 2023

EASTER


 


A gorgeous, clear day. The daffs are in full bloom. I began my Spring chores: sumping out the 4" of rain from the pool winter cover; raked my neighbors oak leaves from the deck, around the raised bed; raked the branches from the back yard, put fresh batteries in the outside clocks and set the correct time; ran the gas out of the snow blower and put it away (hopefully, not jinxing us) and put out the deck table and chairs. 

Tomorrow, I will be trimming the evergreens, chopping down what's left of last season's butterfly bush, hyssop, asters and echinacea. 

It warmed to the mid-60's and I stripped down to my t-shirt. The small, white cabbage butterflies are out already. A lone sky janitor was quite high, lazily spiraling. 

With Buddy's pronounced interest with the outdoors, we thought since I was outside, to invite him to explore. I left the slider open but he seemed to freak out. We tried to introduce him to the portal but that was a no-go. I had several of the windows open a crack throughout the house and we wondered if the sudden rush of new smells freaked him out as well. Hopefully, I didn't trigger some trauma-who knows what he went through in his past 2.5 years. C thinks he may come out if he sees us both sitting on the deck. Perhaps, he will prefer to be an inside katter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment