Monday, October 31, 2022

OUT AND ABOUT TALES

 

On the way in yesterday morning, we passed a dead young buck in the grassy median, under the highway on Michigan Avenue near Frandor. He had probably been dragged off the street and placed there.

Returning on the same route in the afternoon, I noticed that someone had tied 2 long-stringed balloons to one of his antlers. The balloons read "Get Well Soon!" This was just odd. Understandably, the nearby Kroger does not carry a "Sorry You Died!" balloon in stock but geez, "Get Well Soon?" Either the work of some well meaning folk or a stoner being ironic. I guess I am getting old in my ways but I figure if you are going to commemorate a life, generally flowers are the most acceptable and easy choice, for us. Who knows how any species mourn their own?

No comments:

Post a Comment