Tuesday, February 21, 2023

MARDI GRAS

 

Written by Oscar Hammerstein II/ Harry Ruby / Kalmar Bert in 1935, this version by Louis Armstrong was recorded in 1951.

For my Watergirl

Give me a kiss to build a dream onAnd my imagination will thrive upon that kissSweetheart, I ask no more than thisA kiss to build a dream on
 
Give me a kiss before you leave meAnd my imagination will feed my hungry heartLeave me one thing before we partA kiss to build a dream on
 
And when I'm alone with my fancies, I'll be with youWeaving romances, making believe they're true
 
Oh, give me your lips for just a momentAnd my imagination will make that moment liveGive me what you alone can giveA kiss to build a dream on
 
When I'm alone with my fancies, I'll be with youWeaving romances, making believe they're true
 
Oh, give me lips for just a momentAnd my imagination will make that moment liveOh, give me what you alone can giveA kiss to build a dream on


No comments:

Post a Comment