Tuesday, December 21, 2021

TOMI

It's been an groundbreaking year for our Cali who, after 17+ years, has finally decided getting laptime and scritches and longstrokes and chin rubs are all good things. Strangely, she chose me to be her human of choice for attention. She's been with C since a kitten and for the longest time, was leery of me. Now, I have a demanding (oh yeah, she is vocal about it) feline on my hands who still hasn't mastered pulling in her claws when stomping on human flesh. Mom finally got her breakthrough last weekend when Tomi curled up on her quilt covered lap and snuggled between her and the arm of the sofa. 

It's as if she was stubbornly holding firm to her wildness: oh, I don't need these creatures for attention. I'm a cat! And I walk alone! But after years of seeing the enjoyment and love exchanging between us and Bin and Molls, she finally gave in. Evidently, much to her pleasure. Good for you sweetie! (But please, remember your claws!)

1 comment: